We provide two stage flow meters that allow for opening/closing of individual circuits as well as balancing.
Flow meters are pre-installed on our manifolds at delivery.
To open the flow meter insure the red cap is flush with the bottom of the chrome nut (red cap pushed all the way down).
- Turn the red cap anti-clockwise to open the isolating valve until resistance is felt
- Push the red cap down towards the manifold arm to expose the balancing valve fully
- Turn the balancing valve anti-clockwise until resistance is felt
- this will open it 100%
- Raise the red ring to cover the part of the balancing valve to ensure the balancing settings cannot be altered
- Turn the red cap anti clockwise to lock the isolating valve without adjusting the balancing settings
On our drawings we specify the percentage open the balancing valve should be. For a manifold with different circuit lengths; the longest circuit length would be 100% open and the shortest length would be more closed than the rest as water will try to travel the path of least resistance.
Another balancing method is to use an infrared temperature reader and measure the return temperatures of each circuit. If a return pipe is warmer than the rest then the flow meter should be restricted more, if a return pipe is cooler than the rest then the flow meter should be opened more.